Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Daily Beast - Spending Money

If you were to ask me if I would rather save money or spend it I would say instantly I am a saver. I can't stand to spend money, or at least my own. That sounds bad but its not like I take my parents money all the time. But things like lunch money and game tickets I feel they should pay for. And when I forget to get money from my parents for those type of things and am forced to spend my own money, I hate it. I don't have an allowance so any money I get its  because I earned it, and I just don't like seeing me spend my own money.
I personally agree with the article because so many people are worried about the here and now and being happy now then working for the happy later. So they would rather spend money for themselves or others now then saving up for something very nice later.
My opinion about my generation is very strong that we are going down a big hill and rolling fast. We are so focused and dependent on technology that we only see the now. We are so focused on what we can do for ourselves now then what we will be doing in the future. I personally feel like my generation is going to hit reality hard. I see so many people who have their whole life depending on their Facebook or Twitter but what they don't realize is that the world doesn't care if you have 1473 some friends on Facebook, they care about how you work with those people and how fast you can work. I really just don't think our generation is mature enough for the work force, or college education yet but our time is running out.

No comments:

Post a Comment